Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I've spent 2 days sketching in Kiskunság. I've been concentrating on Shorebirds for my next work. I was lucky to study a juvenile Pectoral Sandpiper (annual rarity here) from a close distance with some other species:























Wood Sandpiper (hiding from a hunting Peregrine Falcon in the middle):












Here's a photo of the Pectoral:













And the site:












I've started the next day on another alkaline lake, but the birds were quite distant so I moved to a new place after completing this page:












In the afternoon I could see some Stints and Plovers quite close on a drained fishpond:























It was really difficult to concentrate on my Shorebirds when such beasts flew down on the mud within scope-views:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home