Monday, September 04, 2006

There was a birdwatchers's meeting and the 6th Bird Race in Hortobágy this weekend. I went there on Thursday with my brothers and friends to do some sketching in the field. This day was sadly quite rainy.
Next morning we visited an area that is a stopover site for Dotterels. We found 20+ birds and could make some sketches of them. The Bird Race was arranged on Saturday, but we returned to the Dotterel place and had a much better day, as we found them in their midday rest. Here are some of my sketches (and photos):



































































Sketching in the pasture:











My friend with sheep:






Sheep sketch for a Dotterel painting idea:











When the birds became active again, they left us, so we decided to move on. We visited a place by a village, where some 10+ Stone Curlews are gathering. I could make one page although they were quite distant:











I was asked to support the event with a painting. This was given to the winner team together with other 2 paintings. The ceremony:










We left at 12, stopping here and there on the way home. While the others twitched 2 Cattle Egrets, I was dealing with this Wood Sandpiper:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home