Saturday, October 07, 2006

My newest painting, finished today. It's a Tawny Owl in it's daytime roost.
This is based on my quick sketch and photographs taken in a November day some years ago in Tata town. It was painted in watercolours, using only 2 colours, ultramarine blue and burnt umber. I've created all the colours with variously proportioned mixture of these. I have to admit that there's kadmium yellow also added. To the bill of the bird to achieve the dirty colour characteristic of the species (it's for an ID article, otherwise I wouldn't bother about this little detail, and would leave this colour out).
It will be published in BirdLife Hungary's magazine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ronan Jimson said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home