Wednesday, October 18, 2006

We've visited the fishponds again, where my brother found another Buff-breasted Sandpiper! We've seen both birds, but sadly they rarely came close enough, so I could make only a few sketches.












The next drawings were done from my short videos, freezing the frame on my computer (except for the big shape, that was done in the field). You can see how fast moving these little birds were on this video: http://www.sendspace.com/file/xgw5rk (big file, 9 MB).











Here's a photo of the new bird:













1st winter Dunlins in different stages of moult (with a Golden Plover on top):

2 Comments:

Blogger Crun said...

Hello Szabolcs,

I have been looking at your new work as I promised. I am very impressed by your images. I did not know you painted fishes too! ;)

If you ever paint a White-tailed Eagle please let me see it.

chris.monk@naturalengland.org.uk

Best wishes for your work and birding,
Chris

12:33 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Buff-breasted Sandpipers are always a pleasure to see: here in Ireland, they occur every autumn as regular vagrants, but, despite having seen a few, including a self-found bird, I doubt I'll get tired of them any time soon.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home