Thursday, June 07, 2007

I've been visiting Kiskunság area with my friend. Our main target species was the Roller. With the help of our local friend we could study and sketch some quite tame birds. There was a very heavy storm in the afternoon. It was really interesting to see how the striking colours of the birds were lost in the fading light when they became wet. I tried to catch these colours (note, that they are different on these scans from the original sketches):















I
'm planning to apint an oil painitng of that bird in the rain in the bottom of the page:


























A Roller illustration from 2005:















My friend with the incoming storm (and our sketching gear):











The artificial nestbox used by the Rollers is indicated by the red arrow:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home