Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My brother shocked me with some nasty news this afternoon. He was checking the wintering Long-eared Owls close to our home in a small park, when he found a fresh dead one. The people living around the park told him that 2 bastards had come in the morning and shot some of the Owls. They have collected the corpses and drove away. The licence plate of their car was covered.
We will go to the police tomorrow with the local national park staff.

Here's my sketch of the dead owl my brother collected:













These Owls are wintering here for decades now (at least I'm watching them for 2 decades now). Everybody likes them. Local people are very interested in them. What happened is very frustrating for everybody.

I made a selection of my photos taken of these Owls in the previous years. I also attatch some of my sketches done here.







It's very strange and sad to close this year with such news on my blog.
But I would like to take the opportunity to thank you all for your interest in my work this year! I would like to wish you all Happy New Year!
For the Owls a happier new year...

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura Brown said...

That's awful. I hope they catch the people who did it.

Happy new year to you, too! Keep up the good work in 2009!

12:00 AM  
Blogger Szabi said...

Thank you very much.
Sadly I don't see any chance for that. They must be very cautious not to return, and there's nothing to track them. No registration number of their car, no description of themselves.
Szabi

7:54 AM  
Blogger Mike Watson said...

Szia Szabi, BUEK! Happy to see you are still busy, some lovely paintings, esp Vandor Solyom! hope to see you later in 2009! (if only at the BF). BR, Mike

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home