Tuesday, April 07, 2009

At last I could spend a beautiful whole day sketching. I've visited a fishpond system not far from home. Some ponds are drained, so they attract large number of birds.
I could sketch a good variety of birds, here they are.

Black-tailed Godwit with male Ruff. I was surprised to see that male Ruffs are almost as big as Godwits:


I've photographed a flag-tagged Ruff:


Restign Avocet and Shelduck with Godwit in the background:


A nice, reddish Ruff male:


Caspian Tern in evening light:


Evening scene with Black-headed Gulls, the Caspian Tern and Godwits in the foreground:


Male Reed Bunting with not completely black head:

3 Comments:

Blogger Francisco J. Hernández said...

Greats scketches !!!
Greetings !.

2:11 AM  
Blogger Jose A. Sencianes said...

My friend Francisco and me, talk a lot about your waders sketches, and here we are a perfect example of it. Great work Kokay! Greetings from Spain!

1:16 AM  
Blogger Szabi said...

Thank you very much! The reason is probably that Shorebirds is one of my favourite group of birds.
Though I find very hard to sketch them as they are constantly moving while feeding. My eye can't catch any detail of the head as this part is in constant vertical movement during probing.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home