Thursday, April 23, 2009

At last I was strong enough to get up early to be by the river at sunrise (after several days of unsuccessful intention). I wanted to sketch Nightingales, but they didn't seem to be cooperative, so I chose a nicely posing Stonechat (they have a nest nearby, I could see the female also).
I made this one page, because it was quite cold, and started to rain quite heavily:


Here's a photo of the bird. The sketch was done in more bright lighting condition.


I'll go back in the next days to make more sketches. The setting was so beautiful (the top of a Blackberry bush) that I'm sure I'll make a painting of this bird.

3 Comments:

Blogger tree ocean said...

Thanks for sharing! When I ask my children if they want to see your latest post they come running-and admire your work very much. (boy 11, girl 7 ) :)

12:05 AM  
Blogger Szabi said...

Thank you very much! You made me very happy! I have 2 boys, 2 and 4, and luckily they are also open to nature.
I'm really proud of being able to share our natural values and species that are not familiar to you in the US. You can have an idea about what is around here.
Szabi

11:48 AM  
Blogger David said...

Fantastic watercolors, I especially like your bold field studies.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home