Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My son found a butterfly pupa some weeks ago. We suspected that it belonged to the Swallowtail. We've put it in a jar.


Yesterday I noticed a big change in the surface of the pupa, its skin became transparent and I could clearly recognize the wings of the butterfly:


Today I missed the emergy of the butterfly, although I was sitting only 30 cms from it (probably I was concentrating on my work too much). So I could observe only when it was pumping liquid into its wings and flew away. You can see that I used double sided tape to attatch the pupa to a twig:


I had time to make this sketch of the freshly emerged butterfly:

1 Comments:

Blogger Dougalis said...

Amazing experience!
I call this first hand observation!!
fantastic Szabi!

Paschalis

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home