Thursday, June 18, 2009

I've visited my nature photographer friend, Péter Csonka (check out his website: www.csonkapeter.hu), and he showed me a very good spot for Bee-eaters. I could sketch them from my car:


Don't count the primaries on this sketch, my brush ran out of control:



The Russian transparent watercolours I began using recently were a real good help to mix the bright colours of the birds:



Here's the mess in my car. The birds usually perched on the bare branches on the top of the closer trees:

3 Comments:

Blogger Måns Sjöberg said...

Wonderful sketches! What turquoise blue is that?

10:06 AM  
Blogger Szabi said...

Thanks a lot! For the turquoise blue of the underparts I used exclusively the transparent colours. Mostly I mixed the caerulean blue with the Russian lemon (adding additional lemon patches and lines)but I also remember using the Russian turquise in the mixtures. I also added the Russian violet rose in patches, where the feather bases are visible mainly in the vent area.
Szabi

1:30 PM  
Blogger David said...

Bee-eaters! These guys are one of my favorite birds, sketch watercolor sketches.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home