Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I've spent 2 weeks with my friends from the UK in Ladakh, north-west India. This was not a birding trip, but to fulfil our dream. To see the ultimate cat, the Snow Leopard.
As usual, I'm late with my commissions, so didn't have time to complete a proper trip report. I'll try to make it in a few weeks. As a taster I attatch here a photo of the Snow Leopard we watched for 45 mins (good luck to finding it):

Here's the happy team at the observation point (our local expert, Smanla is in the front):


I've spent the long flight back home practicing the difficult character of the Snow Leopard (these sketches were done from photos):






1 Comments:

Blogger Dougalis said...

Just read your report Szabi!
I try to imagine how fascinating
experience to see such an animal should be !
The sketches are great too, and hope that a great painting will soon follow...

Paschalis

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home