Tuesday, May 04, 2010

At last yesterday I could spend a whole day in the field. I'll work on an article about the ID of Slender-billed Curlew. Thanks to my brother, who gave me a good hint where can I find Curlews. Strangely, this was the exact location where the last Slender-billed Curlew was observed in the World in 2002.







I used my car as a hide, the birds were usually very close to the road.


The female on the above sketches has this strange, broken billed male, which can cause a lot of confusion. Though you can clearly see, that it is a big Curlew. It is present in the area for at least 8 years now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dougalis said...

Fantastic all of them Szabi!
Spot on!
Perfectly captured both shape and light!

Paschalis

4:44 PM  
Blogger Fran A.H. Alvarado said...

Esplendidos bocetos de Zarapito. Nosotros los de la Asociación Española de Artistas de la Naturaleza estubimos haciendo bocetos de Cernicalos primilla en sobre la Catedral de Sevilla.
Un saludo, Fran A.H. Alvarado

2:25 PM  
Blogger Måns Sjöberg said...

Wonderful simplicity and immediacy! Good job!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home