Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Yesterday I went back to the Curlew site for sketching. The Curlews were not so cooperative, I could make only one sketch:

So I looked for other birds. The Purple Heron is usually secretive, but some birds were hunting in the open close to the road:


Lapwings had big chicks. This female was guarding hers, so posed nicely for me. This is in late evening light, with the sun covered by some not so thick clouds.

It was quite difficult to work on this as my car was filled with mosquitoes, torturing me while trying to concentrate on the bird.
Again, a beautiful farewell from the puszta:

6 Comments:

Blogger Francisco J. Hernández said...

I can understand perfectly your great interest to draw these birds.. curlews ! beautifull birds !!, ... Fantastics sketches !!
Best wishes!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Øivind Egeland said...

Beautiful sketches! The curlew and the lapwing are THE birds of spring form my childhood. You've captured them wonderfully, as always.
Best regards!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Szabi said...

Thanks a lot for both of you!
Szabi

9:06 PM  
Blogger Daniel A. Skjauff said...

Beautiful work! I remember that the leapwing was my favourite bird when i was younger. These sketches was like a dream from these years... Wonderful!
Regards, Daniel!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Daniel A. Skjauff said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:22 PM  
Blogger sebi_2569 said...

nice blog;and nice photo; bravo

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home