Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I've finished my Curlew oil today. It shows the part of an Eurasian Curlew flock with the extremely rare (thought to be extinct by some, but not me!) Slender-billed Curlew. During the spring I made my Curlew studies for this painting. It's oil on canvasboard, 50 x 70 cms, and will be on display at the British Birdwatching Fair.
I've painted similar scene back in 2001. I cannot find better, so this will have the same title: 'Alone'.

I have only a poor quality photo of 'Alone I.':

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike Watson said...

Szia Szabi, szep polingok! Jossz a birdfair-re? En a 2. szamu satorban leszek a Birdquest-vel. Mikey

10:35 PM  
Blogger Szabi said...

Hi Mikey,
Thanks a lot! Yes, I'll be in the Art Marquee. I think at the corner opposite the Mural. See you there.
Szabi

10:57 PM  
Blogger tree ocean said...

Interesting to see the two compared. I like the back light effect in the original (or first). The marsh background on the second is not as interesting.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home