Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Back to PNG. The leader of Isurawa village, Ivan Nitua knew a lot about birds in his area. He showed us the display site of a Magnificent Bird of Paradise:

















We quickly built a hide for me, where I spent several hours observing the behaviour of this fantastic bird:

















It was very unconfortable in the hide, but I managed to do a few sketches of the male:

























Here's a short videoclip of the bird:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddjRSHF_-M4&feature=youtu.be


2 Comments:

Blogger Måns Sjöberg said...

Your sketches are very inspiring. I want to go there myself one day. Best wishes /Måns

12:37 PM  
Blogger Torben said...

Hello Szabi,
It´s been a while since Rutland together with Jonathan. I just finished updating myself on your fabulous adventure trip to PNG. You must be loaded with so many wonderful moments/sightings and you certainly have caught a lot of magnificent impressions in your sketches for us to admire. Take care and enjoy the rest of the summer.
Cheers,
Torben,
Denmark

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home